Maverick Early Reader Turquoise (Level 7): The Four Little Pigs
Tom’s granny is a witch and when Tom says that The Three Little Pigs story is boring, Granny uses a spell to ‘magic’ him into the book. Tom must be clever to avoid the big bad wolf!
Turquoise Band Structure
- 600-800 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- There are no specific phonic requirements by this stage; most children will have finished formally learning phonics and they will be automatically applying phonic knowledge as they read.
- As stories become longer, children may need to use their prediction skills more, including prediction throughout a text and not just at the start.
- Longer stories give opportunities to develop a plot across a greater number of pages, however the language continues to avoid being too complex or sophisticated.
- Plots are still mostly simple and linear, without subplots, but there can be a bit more variation in dialogue and a greater range of sentence structures and lengths than at previous levels.
Additional Brand Information
Frequently Asked Questions (if any)
Delivery in 3-5 business days, or immediate pick up in-store.