Maverick Early Reader Purple (Level 8): Wishker
Mirabel just wants zoo animals for pets and ice cream everyday but everyone always says ‘no’! When a rufty-tufty cat comes to town, Mirabel gets her wish… but will she be happy?
Purple Band Structure
- 800-1000 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- By now, children are reading more automatically, so that they don’t have to sound out and blend every word. Texts continue to provide opportunities to read words with more complex phonics, and include words with a range of suffixes and prefixes.
- Stories continue to increase in length but are still mostly straightforward to follow. Texts can still be enjoyed on a literal level but there is increasing scope for simple subtexts and themes that readers may pick up as an ‘extra’ if they are able to.
- There are continued opportunities for prediction at various points in the text, and for discussion of characters and motivation.
- Plots are still mostly straightforward and linear.
Additional Brand Information
Frequently Asked Questions (if any)
Delivery in 3-5 business days, or immediate pick up in-store.